Happy Women’s Day to all the lovely women out there! Yesterday the three women of our dept mutually agreed to follow a dress code and color theme is dark purple. There is free seminar on stress bursting and work life balance organised by the company in the afternoon which we plan to attend. So basically we are celebrating. Should I be happy?
Today morning I saw a dog giving up his food for his friend cat, the same couple whose picture I put the other day. Well now that’s a man! I saw another bitch which looked new to the area and had an ear injury probably result of a dog fight. Seeing that woman in pain I wonder is it even proper for me to celebrate. I am going to look out for that dog again in the evening (if at all I find her) 😦
Yesterday evening I saw another traumatised female dog who looked like she was milking but no puppies were in sight. She was just a pile of bones, I fed her and going to do it everyday till she is healthy and then will get her sterlized. Anyways, one cannot end all the pain there is in the world but even little act of kindness goes a long way and can save a life.
On that note, let me come back to my choco chip cookies. My colleague is bringing a nutritional cake of corn and millet. I have been wanting to bake some cookies from a long time and I had this box of choco chips I bought from Crawford market the other day so came up with this simple chewey cookie. Happy women’s day again to all the females of all species!! You make the world go round!!
Prep: 10 min, baking :15 min
Almonds – 1/2 cup
Oats – 1/2 cup
Dates – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Maple/agave syrup (opt) – 2tsp
Oil – few drops for binding, if not using maple syrup use more oil. Can also use any non diary milk.
– Grind the almonds in the mixer and then add oats and baking powder and grind everything together.
– Remove and keep in a mixing container.
– Now grind dates in the mixer and add it to the almond oats mix
– Add choco chips and mix everything together by adding maple syrup and oil
– Keep in freezer for 5 min till the time oven is heating up.
– Take it out of the fridge and shape the cookies spreading them on a baking dish.
– Bake at 200C for 15 min and then let it cool. Eat!