I am sorry for I am going to still go on with the story of my health or rather ill health. I did goto work on Friday but pushed off for the passport office where I had an appointment for the renewal of my passport. It was tiring ofcourse but not a very unpleasant experience. Once I got my documents checked and got the token, it was smooth sail inside the passport office. I went from one counter to the other. Quite different from historic times when files moved from one desk to next after a lot of follow-up (read bribe), now its us who are moving with our files from one counter to other quite methodically. I was impressed!
Later I met a friend who works in the same compound for some tea and snacks. I was exhausted but still gathered courage to goto Chembur where my car had been lying for last one week with a tyre punctured. I just HAD to pick it up today. I got it repaired, got hold of a driver who drove me back home. I went to office on Saturday but it was a big mistake. My health had deteriorated and I took a cab back home promising to not show up for work unless I felt better. I was sick but sicker of the rice and daal I had been eating last som many days so decided to make some fresh salad for sunday lunch.
Its an easy everything salad. I chopped up whatever salad greens, veggies and fruits I had and dressed it up in a tangy sauce made of shredded raw mango! Yes thats the twist! Mango season is here and there are all kinds of them available in the market. I particularly love the raw parrot beak mango (translated from hindi) which is tangy and sour. I love to eat it chopped mixed with salt and red chilli powder. Here in the salad I have shredded it and used in as the dressing.
Blanched veggies : red and yellow peppers, french beans
Fruits : papaya, pear
Dressing : crushed peanuts, shredded mango/keri, lime juice, salt, green chutney, grilled baby potatoes
– Boil some baby potatoes while cutting the veggies and put them in the grill drizzling them in oil to become crispier
– Layer the bowl with iceberg lettuce and add cucumber and tomatoes
– Blanch the harder veggies like peppers and beans in the water used to boil potatoes and add them too to the bowl
– Add the fruits and shred the mango/keri
– In a small bowl prepare sauce by adding green chutney, keri, lime juice and salt and sprinkle it over the salad bowl. Lastly sprinkle crushed peanuts and garnish with grilled potatoes to make a complete meal!