This cheesecake is easy to make, bake and fake. And you wont believe its not cheese but tofu! I had this silken tofu of Mori Nu lying in my fridge and a box of fresh strawberries and I thought let me just give this a try. Next day I carried it to work and gave it to my colleagues, noone could say it was non diary cheese cake.
Firm tofu (Mori Nu) – 1 packet (8oz)
Strawberries – 13 to 15
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Egg replacer – 1/4 cup
For the crust – 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinamon, 1 tsp margarine, 1-2 tsp oil
– Stir the eggreplacer in 1/4 cup warm water and keep aside.
– Clean the strawberries and lightly run them in a mixie. Now in a pan cook these chunky strawberry pieces with sugar for about 10 min
– While the syrup is cooking, prepare the crust. Mix all the ingredients for crust and layer a pan with it. Bake it at 180C for 15 min
– Meanwhile run the tofu in mixie till smooth. Add the eggreplacer mixer and run some more. Now add the strawberry preserve and run the mixer. My preserve looks dark because I used brown sugar.
– When the crust is done, layer the filling and bake in the over for 30-40 minute.
– Once it is done and firm, let it cool. Keep refrigerated for a couple of hours and serve chilled!