I came back from an awesome trek to Lohagad and was looking for some comfort food. I had this opened pack of Silken Tofu and wanted to finish it off before it got spoilt, so I thought of making either cheesecake or tiramisu and found cheesecake to be easier and something that I had tried earlier successfuly. Last time it was strawberry cheesecake, this time I decided to do a refreshing lemon cheesecake for tea time. Last time I had used egg replacer as a thickener, this time I used corn starch and effect was the same! So here is the recipe-
Whole wheat flour/oats flour/ coconut flour : 1/2cup
Flaxseed : 1tbsp
Brown sugar : 1 tsp
Cinnamon : 1/2 tsp
Margarine/ coconut oil : 2 tsp
Silken tofu (mori nu) : 1 pack
Cashew : 1/2 cup
Cornstarch : 2 tsp
Sugar/date syrup/maple syrup : 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence : few drops
Lemon zest : 2 tsp
Lemon juice : 1 lemon
– Soak the cashews in water and pre heat the oven.
– To prepare crust, mix all the ingredients together. Margarine or coconut oil shd be cold from the fridge and rub it in the flour.
– Take a greased baking tray and spread the crust flour, pushing it down lightly and evenly. Bake the crust at high for 5 min.
– Meanwhile grind the cashews in a mixie, instead of water add lemon juice and grind further. When smooth, add the remaining ingredients and mix again.
– Take the crust out and pour the filling over it.
– Bake for 15-20 min depending on thickness of the pan and let it cool. Serve chilled.